Tuesday, June 26, 2018

How Solo Travel changes you!

Please see link for full article from other solo travelers

Solo Travel is Transformational
A year of emotional stress led to my decision to follow my dream of planning for a 6 month trip to Europe. I learned that solo travel is healing, each day was better than the day before  with beauty at every corner. For the first time in a long time I felt alive, The joy and happiness radiated from my face. Traveling solo allows the freedom to follow your own path, to be lost in contemplation and get to know oneself and enjoy your own company. 
Confidence and Conquering fear
I was doubting my decision about traveling to unknown countries solo however was determined to not let the fears to me. I allowed my self to feel the fear but not to worry about the outcome and to be prepared for unexpected events.
A blogger inspired me to travel to Romania. There was minimal tourist infrastructure and many locals did not speak English. I discovered those who spoke English were happy to engage in conversation about the Romanian life, culture and economy. 
I successfully travelled to 7 cities in 2 weeks. As I traveled, my confidence increased and added to my security to travel to other countries outside of my comfort zone. I learned that when things get rough I can reach down inside myself and know what I need to do.
Living in the Moment
After years of multitasking and looking forward to what is next on my agenda, I lived in the moment. I learned to slow down and hold that breath for 2 seconds longer. The time is only now, the place is only here. There are many special moments while traveling: listening to the street musician brings a song to my heart; evening wine in the main square in Brasov; watching the beautiful sunsets. I learned to stop and savour these delightful moments rather than rushing to the next sight. 
Life is short! Learn and grow and travel while you can!


https://www.girlabouttheglobe.com/how-solo-travel-changes-you/

2 comments:

  1. Well explained about Solo Travelling. Moreover, if you're planning to travel UK soon then pre-book Birmingham park and ride at highly competitive rates. Save time and money at one place.

    ReplyDelete